The different Biomes

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Team MACCUSED's Reflections


 Saira Usop says…

i.   What is your reaction to the online blog activity?
Actually, it is a new knowledge to be proud of. Knowing about blogs, could make me feel like I am actually progressing in my knowledge about technology. It is very awesome, as if I am leveling up. I actually don’t know about blogging at first but when you started to do it. It feels good. Having your own blog spot is really great. This activity is something that I could talk upon when I became a teacher someday. I have a lot to tell, I guess.

ii. Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of Web blogging? Explain.
At first I could say yes, I am somewhat having a difficulty configuring the use of Web blogging because I don’t pay attention on blogs. The making of our blogs makes me realize how important it is and how useful it is.

iii. Did the activity gave you deeper or broader understanding about the used of Blogs? Why?
The activity actually gave me a deeper and broader understanding about the used of Blogs. Doing such things could help me to understand about blogs through the activities such as making a collage, videos, articles, documentations and reflections. This improves my technical and communication skills.

iv. Did the activity increases and decreases your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?
This activity actually increases my enthusiasm, willingness and effort to learn more about technology. I realize that I am having a lot to learn of. My knowledge is not enough. This activity actually interests me about technology and I want to explore and learn everything if possible about technology. 

v. What important things have you learned from this activity?
I learned that technology could offer a lot of opportunities and variety of means on how you can make your teaching meaningful. This activity proves a lot about the use of the technology and the things that you could do out of it.

vi. What generalization can you formulate with this activity?
 I can say that this activity evaluates our knowledge on technology. This will prove our ability to integrate technology to education. Blogging enhances our skills on technology and on how we are going to use our knowledge on it. All the things that we done here gave me another experience that makes me more interested on the integration of technology to education.

Mary Prigilyn Aquino says

1.  What was your reaction to the online Blog Activity?

When I heard that we will have a Blog Activity, I was very excited and interested about it because I’m not really familiar to it though I do have account in the different Blog sites like, blogspot, plurk, and tumblr. In this activity, I learned a lot! Honestly. I know now how to create a blog and customize its homepage and even some the details in it. It’s like I’m Dora the Explorer, in exploring the capabilities of the blog activity. I can really say that I learned on my own. Though our blog site is not that good as the others output, I’m still proud of it because I really did my best and give my 100% effort and time for the completion of the said activity.

2.     Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of Web Blogging? Explain.

Of course I had a difficulty configuring the use of Web Blogging at first. I know I’m not used to it and I’m not really familiar to it though I have my blog accounts. But as time goes by, I now somewhat master some of the basic steps in blogging. I know now how to navigate a blog.

3.     Did the activity give you a deeper or broader understanding about the used of Blogs? Why?

Yes, the activity gave me a deeper and broader understanding about the use of Blogs. Before I thought blogging is only for the professional people and it’s only like social networks like facebook, friendster, and twitter. But now, It’s not only for the professional people but as well as for students like me. Blogging is not just a usual social network. In here, you can posts some articles, videos, or anything under the sun you want to post. Blogging can be in lined in education, business, politics, economic, socialization, information and technology.

4.   Did the activity increases or decreases your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?

The activity increased my enthusiasm, willingness and effort to learn more about technology because I was able to explore a new way of communicating using technology through blogging. I’m kinda curious of what are the other types of technology that exist in our era today. As we observed, every month there are new gadgets that came out and very hi-tech.

5.  What important things have you learned from this activity?

I learned a lot from this activity. I learned how to manage my time at my own pace. I learned how to customize the blog site though I’m not that expert in manipulating it. I also learned that using technology in, especially the Blogging activity can also be a big help for our grammar skills, creativity skills, imagination skills that probably came into reality. Just like the three domains of learning, the blog activity also develop the cognitive skills, the brainstorming session, affective, the values that we can get on the said activity, especially the value of patience, and lastly, the psychomotor skills or the actions that we made to complete the blogging activity.

6.  What generalization can you formulate with this activity?

“Technology can make our world upgraded”. Using technology in our daily lives can make us more productive and progressive.


Rachel Monserat says…

1.            What was your reaction to online blog activity?
The time I knew that we will have an online blog activity my6 reaction is that I am happy. It is our privilege to know how to make blogging. We were lucky because our teacher gives us a chance and taught us how to make online blogging. That is why now I have knowledge about this activity that I can share with other who wants to learn this.

2.            Are you having the same difficulty configuration the use of web blogging? Explain.
Yes, because at first I really don’t know what this blogging all about that is why I encounter difficulty in configuring the use of web blogging. I have no idea on how to make this kind of activity when I first heard this activity about blogging.

3.             Did the activity give you a deeper or broaden understanding about the use of blog?
Yes, it really give me deeper understanding about the use of blog . it gives us information and knowledge in exploring things such as blogging. Now as I have encountered this blogging it gives me enlightenment what this blogging is all about and what does the content of this blogging and it is really fun because you were able to give some information about a certain topic you want to share.

4.            Did the activity increases or decreases your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?
Yes, this activity helps big a lot because we were able to explore something knew. This activity motivates me to know more about technology. Technology in many ways really helps in giving us information. It is accessible. I am really doing my best to explore more in technology.

5.            What important things that you have learned from this activity?
The important thing that I have learned from this activity is that blogging contains information about a topic or a certain lesson wherein you could create in a way that you can share your knowledge or idea with a certain topic. I learned also of how to cooperate with my group mates to make our blog more beautiful and informative.
6.            What generalization can you formulate with this activity?
Blogging helps students to make their own blog and impart their knowledge about a certain topic. It made us realizes how important technology nowadays that is why we should explore and learn something that could increase our knowledge in accessing technology. This activity is important especially in socialization we’re able to cooperate with each other in which it is also for the benefit of our blog site. 

Redan Elipongga says…

1. What is your reaction to the online blog activity?

 Having this requirements is an encouragement and a hard task at the same time for us student but, the brighter side of it is that, it spice ups our studies, and it give us more knowledge and advancement in terms of technology. It helps us future teachers to become more effective and more competitive. Actually, it is a new knowledge to be proud of. Knowing about blogs could make me feel like I am progressing in my own field, it can be a great help. It levels me up. I don’t know or even don’t have any idea about blogging at first but it feels good to know about this process. This activity is something to be proud of when I become a teacher in the near future.

2. Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of Web blogging? Explain.

 At first I could say yes, I find it difficult in configuring the use of Web blogging because I don’t pay attention or should I say no interest on it. But now I realize its value and importance especially to us future educators.

3.  Did the activity gave you deeper or broader understanding about the used of Blogs? Why?

The activity gave me a deeper and broader understanding about the used of Blogs. Doing such things like making a Blog site help me to understand its importance on the  activities such as making a collage, videos, articles, documentations and reflections. This improves my technical and communication skills.

4. Did the activity increases and decreases your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?

 This activity actually increases my enthusiasm, willingness and effort to learn more about technology. Now I realize that I am quit having a willingness to learn more. Now I also realize that there are lots of things that I lift behind compared to my classmates. This activity enhances me and helps me think that I should give attention to the new Technology and programs. 

5.  What important things have you learned from this activity?

 There are many things I learned from this activity. I have learned that technology could offer a lot of opportunities and variety of means on how you can make your teaching meaningful, competitive and effective. This activity proves something meaningful of the advancement in the use of technology.

6.  What generalization can you formulate with this activity?

 I can say that this activity evaluates our knowledge on technology. This activity also proves our ability to integrate technology in education. Blogging enhances our skills on technology and on how we are going to use our knowledge on it. All experiences here in making this Blog site is somehow an experience to be proud of.

Monique Jade Salisipan says…

i.  What was your reaction to the online Blog Activity?
Online blog activity is an excellent scenario since I am an Educational Technology student so I think it is beneficial for me to be exposing in this kind of activity because I learn something about it. By this manner I will have something to be share with my students someday if I will be a teacher already for them to experience and be aware of the new trends in education.

ii.  Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of Web Blogging? Explain.
I should say yes. Sometimes I have some difficulties in Web blogging because I am not yet that good in terms of blogging. I am still on my way of learning, exploring, and applying something what I had just newly learned.

iii.  Did the activity gave you deeper or broader understanding about the used of Blogs? Why?
Yes, the activity gave me a deeper or broader understanding in the used of blogs because I tend to explore some station or section that I never aware of before. My attention before limited only in social networking but with these activity I started to widen the range of my knowledge and I learned more about the features of computer.

iv.   Did the activity increases or decreases your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?
The activity increases my enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology because I realize that actually there are a lot of possible activities that I can explore, use or apply for me to be entertained or else to experience these things. Because I think someday I might use it to share knowledge to somebody who had no knowledge about it. I can also make something that will make my time worthful.

v.   What important things have you learned from this activity?
First and foremost by this activity I learned more about the feature of the computer which is web blogging in which I can make my own blogsite that might be useful for other students. Our blogsite contains different information regarding biomes so other students might visit our site someday if they will look some references about biomes.

vi.  What generalization can you formulate with this activity?
Technology is making our life easier. With this, everything impossible might be possible with a single click of a finger. It could give you a wider area of learnings that you can explore anytime you want. So having this knowledge as wide as Australia is very possible now, it is just a matter of willingness.

RegEl Ann Dakingking says

1.    What was your reaction to the online Blog Activity?
Online blog activity is fun and interesting. Now, I already know how to create, customize a blog and now I already have my own blog site. Having knowledge about this can help me in my future as a future educator to post my lesson, requirements and I can also share my knowledge on how to use this to my class.

2.   Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of Web Blogging? Explain.
Yes, at first I have and encountered difficulty in configuring the use of web blogging since it was my first time in web blogging I dont know how to start and how do it. As I explored it, I am getting to know how to add pictures, words, to customize and be creative web blogging. Patience, willingness, time spending on the internet and effort are some things needed to be considered in the web blogging.

3.  Did the activity gave you deeper or broader understanding about the use of Blogs? Why?
The activity on web blogging indeed gave me a deeper or broader understanding about its uses. Here, you can create your own blog or page for personal expression of opinion onto something that interests you. It can also be used for us teachers, for posting the topics or lessons or discussions, requirements of the students and with this, you are helping them how to cope up with the advancement of our technologies nowadays. It can also be used in business, forum and many more.

4.   Did the activity increases or decreases your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?
Yes, the activity increases my enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology because learning technology is fun and interesting. There are many things that I needed to learn in terms of technologies and I want to let many of those things.

5.   What important things have you learned from this activity?
First and foremost, I learned how to know the features, uses and how to use web blogging. Now, I do have my own blog and I am having fun customizing it.When creating a blog, you need to be creative in doing so that youre blog can catch anyones attention easily. You need to spend time in learning it and it can be helpful in personal expression and it can also be a source of income someday that you sell products with the use of a blog.

6.   What generalization can you formulate with this activity?
Learning technology is really fun and interesting. It makes our life easier, for us the students with just a click of a mouse; we can now have necessary information needed to our lesson. We have to learn technology due to a fact that we are now on Computer Age. Everything is can be access to an internet. We have to cope or be in level of our generation today. This activity on online blogging contributes knowledge on how again technology is fun, interesting and made our life easier.

Jared June Casabuena Says

1.   What is your reaction to the online blog activity?
To be honest on first I have a phobia in technology, I feared to explore because maybe I can destroy something and I can’t pay for it. But when I’m starting to explore I feel fun and enjoyed.  Actually, it is a new knowledge to be proud of. Knowing about blogs, could make me feel like I am actually progressing in my knowledge about technology. It is very awesome, as if I am leveling up. Having your own blog spot is really great. This activity is something that I could talk upon when I became a teacher someday. I have a lot to tell, I guess.

2. Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of Web blogging? Explain.

Yes, at first I am somewhat having a difficulty configuring the use of Web blogging because you need to be knowledgeable enough and creative to beautify your blog. But when we are making our blog I really appreciate what we are working and I enjoy a new experience through technology. And I realize how important it is and how useful it is even in our work as future teachers.
 3. Did the activity gave you deeper or broader understanding about the used of Blogs? Why?
Yes, the activity actually gave me a deeper and broader understanding about the used of Blogs. It improves my technical and communication skills in doing such things about blogs through the activities such as making a collage, videos, articles, documentations and reflection. Through discussion with my group mates about the activity we can share ideas and learn from them all about blogs.

4.   Did the activity increases and decreases your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?

Yes, this activity actually increases my enthusiasm, willingness and effort to learn more about technology. I realize that my knowledge about technology is not enough and I am having a lot to learn of. Through this activity its get my interest to learn and explore everything if possible about technology. Because it is a big help for me if I have a lot of information about technology when I am in the field of teaching. It can be also one of the sources of income someday.   

5.  What important things have you learned from this activity?
I learned that technology can help us a lot to make your teaching meaningful and interesting. Through technology it develops your skills like we do in our activity. We need to become creative to make this entire thing. Technology can do a lot for us but to much learning can also harm us.

6.  What generalization can you formulate with this activity?
All I can say that this activity estimate our background on technology, if where level we are belong. These activities challenge us how we can synthesize or apply technology in the field of teaching. Through this activity enhances our skills on technology and on how we are going to use our knowledge on it. All this things that we done here make me appreciate how beautiful technology is. This experience makes me more interested on the integration of technology to education.

Kristine joy Cuervo says

Blogs are the simplest from of having websites. It can be also said as the base of a website. It helps you to fulfill your dream of having your own website. In few minutes it will give you professional looking and a running site. Now without giving you boring lecture I am going to tell you advantages of blogs.

Bloggers are people with attitude. They say there’s a book inside everybody. Well, the Web and blogs have let the book out! There has literally been an explosion of opinion. Traditionally, public relations were about honing a silvery message that communicated exactly what the organization wanted us to hear. Now, we can hear all sorts of voices on the subject. It’s true democracy at work.


The advantages of blogs from an organizational perspective include the following:


The consumer and citizen are potentially better informed and this can only be good for the long-term health of our societies and economies. Blogs have potential to help the organization develop stronger relationships and brand loyalty with its customers, as they interact with the ‘human face’ of the organization through blogs. Blogs, in an intranet environment, can be an excellent way of sharing knowledge within the organization.Blogs can be a positive way of getting feedback, and keeping your finger on the pulse, as readers react to certain pieces, suggest story ideas, etc. Blogs can build the profile of the writer, showcasing the organization as having talent and expertise.

The disadvantages of blogs are:

Most people don’t have very much to say that’s interesting, and/or are unable to write down their ideas in a compelling and clear manner. I have often found that the people who have most time to write have least to say, and the people who have most to say don’t have enough time to write it. Thus, the real expertise within the organization lays hidden, as you get drowned in trivia. Like practically everything else on the Web, blogs are easy to start and hard to maintain. Writing coherently is one of the most difficult and time-consuming tasks for a human being to undertake. So, far from blogs being a cheap strategy, they are a very expensive one, in that they eat up time. As a result, many blogs are not updated, thus damaging rather than enhancing the reputation of the organization. Organizations are not democracies. The Web makes many organizations look like disorganizations, with multiple tones and opinions. Contrary to what some might think, the average customer prefers it if the organization they are about to purchase from is at least somewhat coherent.

There’s money in words; real value, real worth. I’m not a blogger but I do have this newsletter and I can tell you that these 500 or so words that I publish every week have seen a major return on investment for me. 


As an individual, I would highly recommend that you have some sort of publishing strategy, whether it be a blog, newsletter, writing articles for magazines, website or whatever. This is an age where you will build your professional reputation word by word. Start off by finding something people care about and that you care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment